The aim of the St. Albert Day Care Society’s Out of School Care Programs is to provide the best possible out of school care programs and facilities.
- To create a relaxed, trusting, intimate atmosphere where children are encouraged to pursue their own interests, develop friendships, grow in confidence, independence, and respect for themselves and others.
- To provide caring staff, who show genuine respect for the children, have confidence in each child’s potential and promote each child’s self-esteem.
- To create a stable environment that is inviting, comfortable, attractive, orderly, manageable by the children and a happy, exciting place to be.
- To provide for the children a variety of developmentally appropriate activities, including expressive art, construction, active play, sports, games, dramatic play, science, cooking, crafts, reading and computers.
- To frame a schedule that allows time for children to observe, to reflect and to become absorbed in activities according to their own interests and talents.
- To give individual guidance to children based on careful observation of each child’s needs and in keeping with parental values and goals.
Locations/Hours of Operation
Click on a link for pictures and address. All Out of School Care Programs are closed on all Provincial and Federal holidays and the 3rd Monday of each August for Professional Development Day for Staff.
Full time fees are $530.00 per month and include childcare mornings and afternoons on school days and full day care on non-school days Monday to Friday. Full time fees also include a daily afternoon snack and a bowl of soup and milk on non-school days (when not away from the center on a field-trip). Some Programs have a breakfast club.
Summer time fees, for the months of July and August, are $750.00 per month. Fees include field-trips, transportation, and special activities.
For fee rates regarding morning or afternoon only care for children K to Grade 6, or half day/alternating full day care for Kindergarten children, or daily/weekly/holding fees please contact the administrative office.
Please contact the Administrative Office to inquire about current space availability:
780-459-5380, ext 0
Subsidy is available through the Provincial Child Care Subsidy Program. For more information please visit their website at www.child.gov.ab.ca